Yes there is a Sesshin and Jukai coming up in late June. In this missive we share an outline of the program. Once we are clear on who is committed to participating we will send another more detailed missive pertinent to participants.
Request: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your participation in sesshin ASAP. This will allow us to plan more efficiently.
Dates: Thursday Evening 23 June through midday Sunday 26 June, 2022.
The plan is to arrive in the afternoon of 23 June in order to settle in and get organized.
Location: Sky Lake Lodge, 22 Hillcrest Lane, Rosendale, NY 12474. Here is the link to the Sky Lodge website: https://skylake.shambhala.org/. This will give you a detailed view of the facilities.
Accommodations: Maximum in room beds is 13. All rooms are double with a private bath. Two rooms are reserved as singles for special needs situations. There is also the option of sleeping in the downstairs shrine room on futons in a group situation if there is overflow.
Cost Per Person: $375.00 for three nights and two days including meals.
1. We arrive the afternoon of Thursday, 23 June, get settled and oriented.
2. We have a light dinner together at 6:30 pm followed by orientation.
3. Silence and Zazen begins at 8:00 pm. One period of zazen and then goodnight.
4. Friday and Saturday we have a full schedule of zazen, kinhin, and chanting services. There will be a set of early morning zazen and service followed by breakfast and a break. There will be a set of midmorning zazen, a Dharma Talk, followed by midday service, lunch, and a break. There will be a work period followed by tea and an afternoon
set of zazen, evening service, dinner, and a break. There will be an evening set of zazen followed by chanting the refuges and then bed.
5. Time will be built in so that we are able to wander the grounds and enjoy nature.
6. Dokusan will take place starting Friday afternoon and going through until Sunday morning.
7. Sunday Morning there will be early morning zazen service, breakfast and break. We will then prepare for the Jukai/Lay Bodhisattva Ordination Ceremony which will take place late morning.
We have not come together for sesshin since before COVID! We will develop protocols to protect us. This will be a momentous occasion for our sangha. We look forward to coming together to share our practice and most likely hug and smile a lot.
Please remember: send an email to email@example.com to confirm your participation in sesshin ASAP.
With Maha Karuna, The Big Love of all Bodhisattvas!